Tuesday, July 2, 2013

16 Days

I can't believe we are only 16 days away from the 2nd transfer. It feels like it has taken so long to get to this point, but the past few weeks have flown by.

I've been terrible about updating here, but a lot of progress has been made these past few months. Ali's eggs were retrieved mid-June. We have to great embryos frozen, and waiting for the transfer. I have made 2 trips to Arizona since the transfer. The first was for my SHG. That's the test that checks my uterus to make sure it's in prime shape. It's also the test in which they found the polyp last time around. Luckily, all was clear this time. They thought there was a potential polyp again, but it turned out to just be a bit of retained tissue. The test was just as uncomfortable as I remembered it being the first time around. Luckily, I had a great friend their with me, and we were able to squeeze some shopping in before heading back home. The second trip was for an ultrasound to verify that my uterine line was thinning, as it should be while on Lupron. Everything looked great. Ali made the trip with me that time and it was a great, quick trip. Boy is it hot out there this time of year though!

Our next trip out is scheduled for July 12th, 6 days before the transfer. At that appointment, I will have another ultrasound, and Ali and I will sign all of our consents for the procedure. This ultrasound will be to verify that my uterine lining is full and "fluffy," the perfect environment for those precious embryos to implant themselves in.

Following the last appointment, we received results from some of my labs. As of right now, my thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH) levels are higher than the clinic would like to see. I'm at a 3.7 and they want it between 1 and 2. So, this week, I started taking Synthroid. According to the nurses at the clinic, I should only be on the medication through the first trimester. I'm hoping that holds true. At this point, taking one more pill a day doesn't make all that much of a difference when you look at all that I'm taking! Plus, I am more than willing to do whatever it will take to make this work!!

Emotions are crazy right now. I truly feel both Ali and I have tried very, very hard to keep things under wraps this time around. We are scared. We are optimistic and hopeful that things are going to work this time around, but after how things turned out last time, we can't help but be a little fearful. All we can do now is pray and put our faith in God. No matter what we do, He has already decided the outcome. Hopefully, His plan and Ali's plan align and by the end of this month, we'll be announcing a pregnancy!

No comments:

Post a Comment