Friday, April 12, 2013

And so, it begins...again!

It is official. The second attempt at making Ali and Brian parents is officially underway!

Ali started her medications this week. I had a baseline ultrasound this afternoon, and I start my medications tomorrow morning. Yay for menopause!

All of my meds!

I feel as though Ali and I are both much more calm this time around. That's definitely not to say we aren't all excited, it is just different. We are amazed everyday at how quickly we forgot how all of this worked before. It really wasn't that long ago, but we just can't remember some of the details. Maybe we blocked them out in order to block out our feelings after how that round turned out?

If everything goes as it is currently schedule, the egg retrieval will be at the beginning of May and the transfer will be on June 3rd! I'm so glad my husband is such a trooper...June 3rd is our 7th wedding anniversary, and I won't be in any condition to celebrate. I guess we should plan ahead and celebrate early!

Ali and I have made a decision to be more strict on the bed rest after transfer than what the fertility doctor requires. We will most likely stay in Arizona longer after the transfer, and then I will also remain on bed rest for a few days once we get home. The doctor doesn't feel that it is necessary to do this, to insure that the baby(ies) stick, but it will give us all some peace of mind.

You want to know the best part of all of this?? There is a pretty darn good chance Brian will actually be able to be present for the big day!! I'm really hoping that he is. It will be so nice for them to be together as they grow their family!

1 comment: