Monday, July 2, 2012

progress.

Progress is being made. So far, it has seemed like things have moved so slowly. Suddenly, I feel like we have shifted into overdrive. This past week, I received my information packet from the fertility which is both incredibly exciting and overwhelming.
The packet is HUGE. When I first found it sitting on my dining table, I was so excited to see it. When I opened it up and started looking through it, an overwhelming sensation of nerves came over my body. There are so many pages of information, multiple consents, lab orders, procedure orders and prescriptions. I don't even understand what most of it means or what it is for. I feel like there are papers in there that do not apply to me at all. So, I'm waiting for a call-back from the IVF coordinator to help explain what it all means. I'm also not sure on the timeline of everything in there. The lab orders say to get them done immediately, but then in all the other paperwork, it says that the labs have to be done x amount of days before a certain test!? I cannot wait to hear back from them so I can get a little clarification on the whole thing.

I also am feeling lost as to how to make this all work. What all has to be done at the clinic in Arizona? What can I have completed here at the Naval Hospital? Do I just take those orders to the lab at the Naval Hospital, or do I need to make an appointment with my doctor so she can order them first? When do I do the mock cycle? Aside from the Lupron, am I going to have to do any other injectables? Will I be able to inject myself? So many questions are running through my head right now, and I just want some answers...Unfortunately, I'm not a patient person, so this is killing me.

As scared as I am, I feel like I am ready to get this going. I want to start the testing now. I want to be pregnant as soon as possible. Hopefully soon, I will have an actual timeline for my part in the whole process. For now, all I know is that the plan is to harvest Ali's eggs in September! They decided to harvest and freeze so we don't have to sync both of our cycles together for the transfer...less stress equals better results.

Here's to hoping for some good news after a phone call with the IVF coordinator this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment