Friday, July 13, 2012

friday.

I'm linking with Jeannett at Life Rearranged for InstaFriday!

There isn't much news to report so far on the surrogacy this week. I'm anxiously waiting for my phone consult with the IVF coordinator at the clinic next week so that I can have a better understanding of the whole process. Ali found a grant she qualified for yesterday, so we are all praying that they get accepted! It would be a huge help if they did.

Over the weekend, we went up to Temecula for Ethan to get a haircut. Unfortunately, I was NOT happy with the cut because it wound up too short, but there was a huge thrift store right next to the barber shop, so it all worked out. Olyvia and I had a great time searching for dresses for her to use for dress up. She found a hat too, and loved looking at all the "glass stuff." 


We decided this weekend that we were in need of new towels. Ours are old and it is time. I decided to push the envelope a bit and started shopping for a new shower curtain, curtains and accessories. I love our shower curtain, but it was a wedding present six years ago. I'm ready for something new, and thankfully, so is Carlos. This lovely curtain will be stored away once our new one arrives next week. I can't wait!




Olyvia will be starting "big girl school" this fall, so we hit up a park with her new friend Sydney, who will also be in her class. They had a blast, and we wore the kids out...that is a successful park trip! Aren't they adorable?




The kids have been in VBS all week, and I'm not sure who is loving it more, me or them! It has been great to have a few hours to myself every morning, but I'm really loving hearing about everything they learned each day. Here is Olyvia, wrapping her broken wand with white paper, "just like they wrapped Jesus in a white cloth after they took him off the cross." 






That's it for this week. We were so busy with things, we didn't really take a lot of pictures this week. Can't wait to share all the new bathroom details next week!!

3 comments:

  1. Yay! Can't wait to see the bathroom. Hey.. that shower curtain was a wedding present from us! haha. ;) Glad the kids had a great time at VBS. Olyvia's new friend is SO cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog on Lena's sidebar :) I am going to LOVE reading it! One of my best friends was a surrogate 2 years ago....it was such an exciting, emotional journey that ended well. Being a huge pregnancy and birth nerd myself, I loved being her friend through it all. Thanks for being willing to share your experience...when she started, there was very little information on the internet, and I know she would have loved finding more personal experience blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jade, I'm so glad that you found us! I never would have thought I'd blog things, but it is SO nice to tell my story and I love hearing that my story could be helping someone else who is looking for more information! I look forward to sharing more of the story...

    ReplyDelete