Tuesday, February 26, 2013

news.

Since it's been over a month, I suppose it is time to give everyone an update.

We are moving forward with a second round. Yes, I know, I already told you that a while back. But, in all honesty, I really didn't think that it was going to happen due to the financials involved in int. Thankfully, for Ali and Brian, it is.

Ali and I will hopefully be starting medications with our next cycles.

I am excited. I am scared. I am anxious.

I'm so excited to be trying again. I want to be able to help Ali and Brian fulfill their dream of having children so badly, and hopefully we will be successful this time around.

Injections seem so scary to me right now. Now, the lupron, just the progesterone. I had such a hard time with those at first, and I'm petrified that I will wind up going through a painful phase again. Hopefully, Carlos and I will remember what we did and save me a bit of misery.

I am anxious about the possibilities. What if we run into road blocks? What if it doesn't work? I don't want to be negative, but the results of the first round make it very difficult for me to not have a little anxiety about the situation.

I have definitely taken a big step back this time around, as evidenced by my lack of blogging. It's a defense mechanism I suppose, protecting myself from being so devastated again. I am putting it all in God's hands. His will is what will be done, and I just pray that His will and Ali's dreams are in alignment! I also pray that He give us all the strength, patience and courage to make it through!

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    It's so weird reading this...I'm also a surrogate and recently tried helping a couple named Ali and Ben! We unfortunately had 3 failed transfers and are moving on..

    But I mostly wanted to wish you luck on your next transfer and to give you a tip for your injections.

    I had to take injections for my first surrogacy journey and my clinic said I could use EMLA cream to numb the skin before each injection. That is a MIRACLE cream! Some needles, i didn't even feel go in!

    If i remember correctly, it has to go on your skin (not rubbed in) for 30 min-60 min before injection.. So I improvised (since it couldn't be rubbed in and I didn't want any to rub off before the time was up) and took those tiny square packs of rubbing alcool towelettes (used to disinfect skin before injection) and put it on top of where I put the cream.. That way it wouldn't absorb the cream like a bandage would.. I then taped the contour of it and removed it when it was time for injection.. It worked SO well and I'm not afraid of having injections next time around because of that cream.. Anyways..sorry for the extra long comment but since I felt your pain, quite literally (lol), I though you'd be interested to know! Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete